4.21.2016

Cinnamon Sugar Applesauce Muffins

I've mentioned before that my kids love muffins.
I love making a batch of muffins during the week so that my kids have a quick, easy & relatively healthy snack after school.
Their favorite muffins are my Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins, but for those muffins you need very ripe bananas, so those aren't a muffin that I can make every week.  I wanted to share another one of our favorites....Cinnamon Sugar Applesauce Muffins!
 Here is what you need:
1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks of butter)
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups Applesauce
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2  teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Cinnamon Sugar mixture for the tops!
Directions:
Cream butter and sugar. 
 Add eggs and vanilla & mix well. 
Stir in the applesauce. 
Add the flour, baking soda and spices together & then mix into creamed mixture. 

I use a cookie scoop to scoop the batter into the muffin liners:
I love using a Cookie Scoop for muffins/cupcakes....equal proportions & no mess!
This recipe makes 2 dozen muffins
Bake at 350 for about 20-22 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean)
Cool for 3-4 minutes & then take the muffins out of the pan & dip into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Cinnamon Sugar makes everything better :)

These don't last long in our house!
I hope you love these muffins as much as we do!
For other muffin recipes, you can click on my Recipe Box HERE and then click on Muffins & Breads

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. These look SO good!!! And easy! Yay! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why have I never thought to make a muffin out of applesauce?? All of your recipes look so delicious though so I am sure this one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get your flour and sugar containers? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! Making these tomorrow morning to take with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made these muffins today. So delicious. Mine were a touch on the dry side. Next time I might try reducing the baking time by a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin