3.10.2014

10 on 10 :: March 2014

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month! 

{Document a snapshot of your life & find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}
ten on ten button
Happy March 10th! Man, it was hard waking up this morning. I have a love-hate relationship with Daylight Savings. I normally have a Luna Bar for breakfast, but today it was cereal. I love cereal.
 Spring has Sprung here in California (who am I kidding...we never really had a Winter this year) All the trees at my school are in full bloom. So pretty, but my allergies go crazy this time of year! You can't see it in the photo, but it is literally "snowing" pollen.
I have been grading my students Birthdate Weather Projects. I created this project last year & it is so fun. I have students research the weather on the day they were born. They chose 10 cities East of the Mississippi River and 10 cities West of the Mississippi River. Then, they create data displays comparing the temperatures and find the mean, median, mode & range. So fun #mathnerdalert :)
 After school, I headed to my parents to pick up Luke. I had to take a pic with my Dad. This is 26 days post brain surgery! Doesn't he look awesome?!? One of the positive things about him having surgery is that I have gotten to see him 3-4 times a week for the past month. My mom watches Luke 3 mornings a week, so it has been great seeing my dad so often! My dad is doing so well and it actually going back to work in a few days! Way to go Jimmy!
Love the hills in our town this time of year...so green & gorgeous!
 Our Lukey Guy loves his books. He loves crawling up into his chair & "reading"
This afternoon was the start of Iced Coffee season. Warm weather & a need for caffeine after Springing Forward.
Afternoon chalking on a beautiful Spring Day.
Kate's front tooth is hanging by a thread so I gave her an apple to try and get that tooth to fall out. It did not work. Maybe tomorrow.
 Dinner tonight! We had my Smashed + Loaded Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Marsala & Brocollini. YUM.
So, there you have it!
A peek into our Monday.
Hope you had a great 10th!

8 comments:

  1. I always love this series!! I am so thrilled to hear that your dad continues to do so well! What a blessing! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always mean to join in on this 10 on 10...love your pictures. Luke reading is precious! And yay for your dad! He looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love the pictures. I need to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm...how do you prepare the broccolini? Looks yummy & I'm always on the lookout for ways to incorporate more veggies into our meals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dad looks amazing Mel! Wonderful pictures of your day! I love participating I. Tne on Ten...it is always fun to look back on your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AH! Missing you guys all this week and wishing I was back in The Ville. Give the kids a big hug from me; I've been thinking about them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Iced coffee season!" I LOVE IT!!! So true! I had my first iced coffee of "the season" on Sunday. Such a nice change! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how beautiful are those tree blossoms!! your dad looks fantastic to glad to hear he is doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin